Introducing our delightful recipe for Carrot Soufflé—an exquisite blend of savory and sweet flavors that come together in a heavenly, fluffy casserole. This culinary creation is a match made in heaven, perfectly complementing dishes like pork, chicken, and turkey. Get ready to indulge in a symphony of taste and texture!
- 1 lb fresh carrots, peeled (I use the small pre-peeled carrots)
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup milk, whole or 2%
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, raw, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, kosher
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly butter an 8×8 casserole dish.
- Boil carrots in water until they are tender.
- Drain the cooked carrots and transfer them to a blender.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the combined dry ingredients, butter, and milk to the blender with the drained carrots.
- Puree the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Incorporate remaining ingredients into the carrot mixture in the blender.
- Continue blending until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the mixture attains a consistency similar to thin gravy.
- Pour the blended mixture into the prepared buttered casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole dish tightly with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour without lifting the foil during baking.
- Prep Time: 45
- Cook Time: 1
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American